- Intesta-Mend may be useful for individuals wanting to support their intestinal microflora balance. Oral supplements of live, beneficial intestinal microorganisms for nutritional health and well being are known as probiotics. Bacteria are continually in competition for colonization space.
- The original bacteria have a distinct advantage over transient bacteria however the composition of the intestinal microflora is dynamic and constantly changing.
- If harmful organisms proliferate, the delicate balance is disturbed and it becomes very difficult for helpful bacteria to maintain their territory and to colonize the intestinal tract. Antibiotics from medications, food and water tend to kill of both the beneficial and harmful bacteria, and thus disrupt the normal healthy balance of intestinal microorganisms.
- Saccharomyces Boulardii is a nonpathogenic yeast that has been proven to support the gastrointestinal tract. Research studies have proven that S.Boulardii may work by modulating the body’s immune response, thus helping to improve the resistance to enteropathogenic bacteria. Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04) bifidobacteria are broadly recognised for their key role in the human intestinal microflora throughout life. A high proportion of bifidobacteria in the intestinal tract is considered beneficial to health.
The Bl-04 strains benefits include:
– A long history of safe use
– Well-Suited for intestinal survival
– Gastrointestinal health and well-being
– Beneficial modulation of immune functions
Intestinal health and Immune function
- Over 60% of your bodies immune cells live in the mucosal cells of the intestinal tract. This provides the body with the first line of defense against any foreign invaders. It is designed to activate and fight off any foreign invaders such as toxins, bacteria, yeasts, viruses, chemical plus many other things we are exposed to on a daily basis.
- Maintaining a normal and balanced microbial ecological system is vital to maximizing the immune system. This very delicate and complex system contains over 400 different species of probiotics and over 1 trillion cells.